Saturday 16 June 2012

The Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up - the most controversial music video

The Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up

I should start by mentioning that only people above the age of 16 should watch this perticular video as it will most probably be the only one with such explicit content on the website, however if you have really been a 90's kid you will most probably be above this age by now. Now this song is without doubt one of the most awesome electronic songs in existance and it would be unthinkable to miss it as it is one of the most influencing songs of the 90s. The video caused a lot of hype when it aired as it is extremely controversial and contains some disturbing scenes and MTV was forced to edit the video a few times and actually ban the original version from ever airing on their channel. If you have recently heard about Charlie Sheen's health issues and what caused them you will actually be able to see it first hand as this music video explains it all pretty well. The music video and its censorship was most probably the reason why the song didn't achieve fame and top chart positions, however it did manage to sell over 100 000 copies in the UK only. In 2010n the song was voted as the most controversial song of all time in survey conducted by PRS for Music. Apart from all the censorhip the music video won the MTV Video Music Awards for Best Dance Video and Breakthrough Video in 1997 and this is great proof of how good the song actually was. Have fun listening to this one :).

Lyrics:

Change my pitch up, smack my bitch up 
Change my pitch up, smack my bitch up 
Change my pitch up, smack my bitch up 

No comments:

Post a Comment